The Power of Voice – Making an Impact through Speech communication
Trainer: Branka Zei Pollermann PhD
- 13, 14 October 2022
- Two-day course
- Maximum number of attendees: 8
- Please contact: Florence.Licci-Ounnough@cern.ch
- To assess personal strengths and weaknesses (areas of improvement) via scientific measurement of communication skills (acoustic and visual analyses).
- To acquire vocal skills appropriate for speaking at meetings / moderating events / presenting facts and figures.
- To structure the content of presentations in a way that raises interest and maintains attention.
- To assure congruence between verbal, vocal and non-verbal dimensions of speech communication.
- Interplay between verbal, vocal and nonverbal behaviours
- Verbal channel
- Vocal channel
- Three main vocal skills
- The pyramid principle: structure of presentations
- Non-verbal behaviour in speech communication
- Balancing rational and emotional arguments
- Three most frequent rhetorical figures