The Power of Voice in speech communicationEnrol for July course
- To objectively assess your strengths and areas for improvement in speech communication.
- To acquire the skills necessary to come across as a competent and influential speaker.
- To unlock the power of your voice.
- The power of voice in persuasion
- Measuring pitch, volume and speech rate,
- identifying and using various intonation patterns
- Speaking styles (formal vs. conversational),
- The impact of voice on emotional connotations of words,
- How to better project your voice
- The link between the voice and facial expressions
- Using the right tone of voice in emotionally difficult situations
- Congruence between non verbal channels of communication (facial expressions, posture, gestures and voice)
- Acoustic analysis of the participants’ voices: vocal "fingerprint" graph
- Illustration of various models
- Assessment of the impact of voice on audience,
- Practising speaking styles with the help of audio recordings.
The graph below illustrates a voice profile as measured by a computerised acoustic analysis program, where various features of the speaker's voice are compared with a model and presented as % of the reference values.