Non-verbal Impact ® Analysis of facial expressions and nonverbal behaviour
A video recording of an authentic verbal interaction is analysed by using Facial Action Coding System (FACS). Subtle features of the subject’s facial expressions are noted, and snapshots of most salient expressions are taken.
These are included in a written report that provides the following information:
- Repertory of emotional expressions,
- Degree of facial expressiveness,
- Coherence between the verbal content of a message and accompanying facial expression.
- Repertory of most frequently used facial muscles,
- Some emotional constants.
- Types of gestures,
- The speaker’s posture and gaze.