Training and Research Institute
Specialised in Speech-communication and Emotion-psychology
To provide scientifically based training (workshops and coaching) in a time- and cost-efficient manner, by using personalised approach and modern technology.
Areas of Expertise
1. Speech communication - improving oral communication skills, identifying strengths and weaknesses and suggesting courses of action
- Basic oratory skills (from Ciceron to modern orators),
- Acoustic analysis of the speaker’s voice (using P. Boersma’s a leading-edge software),
- Emotional and linguistic characteristics of speaking styles
- facial expressions (analysis of thought and emotion processes by using P. Ekman’s FACS),
- posture, gesture, gaze, and proxemics in speech communication.
2. Emotion psychology - intelligent handling of one's emotions, optimising emotional climate and motivation by using appropriate organisational and communication strategies
- Emotional aspects of decision taking - based on research by M. Morris, A. Damasio, C.S. Carver & M.F. Scheier.
- Persuasion: rational and emotional strategies - based on J. Cacioppo & R. Petty's research.
- Motivation: balancing intrinsic and extrinsic incentives - B. Frey’s model
- Work satisfaction, well-being and health - based on D. Kahneman’s and M. Marmot’s research.
3. Speech impairments - remediation of stuttering, disfluent speech, hearing impairment
- Correction of foreign accents
- Improvement of fluency
- Stammer remediation (delayed auditory feedback method)
- Hearing impairment (use of bone conduction - vibratory pathways).
Vox Institute is multi-disciplinary (linguistics, acoustics, phonetics, social psychology, computer science).
Vox Institute is multi-cultural (including cross-cultural and culture specific contents).
Vox Institute uses leading-edge technology for training and assessment of the person’s skills in speech communication.
Vox Institute motto: Always do more than just the necessary!